Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Welcome to Tales of the Heartland

At this blog site, you will be able to pick up where my published column left off, with stories about my wanderlust dog Louie, my sons Wes, a minor league baseball player, and Jon, a junior in high school, and my crazy life in northwestern Illinois in the Heartland of America. Here in this picture left to right are Wes, my nephew Jared, my niece Ashley and my youngest son Jon, at my folks' house in the woods at Lake Summerset. Summerset, where I also live, is filled with wonder, not to mention bluebirds (people dubbed me "The Bluebird Lady"), orioles and lots of other critters that go bump in the night.


















Here's another picture of Wes, fielding for Team USA, in the summer of 2006.











He's with the Arizona Diamondbacks farm team system now.



















We all know who's the most important critter on this blog; that would be Louie, everybody's favorite Mutt. Louie spends most of his time trying to figure out how to get off his leash to chase rabbits, squirrel and gophers. He's the best dog I've ever had and the stories he gives me, which I hope to post on this blog regularly, will keep you all in stitches.





Here's my house, below, in the winte of 2004. We all love it here and stay cozy and warm even when it snows.

It does get warm here, too, and Louie likes it best when his backyard looks


<<==like this rather than this ^^^

Go figure????

Anyway, no matter what the weather, welcome to my little world, and if you like it here, stay awhile.

And tell your friends to stop by too.

Diana and the Gang

No comments: